Home > Cost of Surgery > Can I Get Penis Enlargement Surgery on the NHS?

Can I Get Penis Enlargement Surgery on the NHS?

By: Sarah Knowles BA, MA - Updated: 18 Jun 2019 | comments*Discuss
Nhs Nhs Enlargement Health Impotence

For the majority of men, and some women, size matters. Men who have what they consider to be small penises often suffer feelings of low self-esteem, which can affect them in a variety of ways. Whether they are too self-conscious to undress in front of other men in a gym locker room or too embarrassed to have an intimate relationship with another person, they often perceive the size of their member to be at fault.

Some men believe that increasing the size of their manhood will, ultimately, increase their happiness. But it´s not easy to do. Unfortunately, penis enlargement operations are not proven to work, which is why they are almost exclusively available only privately, and not on the NHS - unless you have a micropenis. So if you want to make your Johnson bigger you better have the cash, which brings up another question: do women prefer men who are tiny and rich, or big and skint? But that´s another story...

What is Normal Penis Size?

The length of an average penis is between 5.1 and 5.9 inches. Interestingly, most penises are about the same size when hard. One problem is that guys see their penis from a different angle, so it appears smaller. Another interesting fact - a woman´s vagina extends to a length of about four inches when aroused, so almost any penis will fill her completely.

As mentioned before, men with micropenises may be eligible for NHS surgery. If your penis measures less than 2.8 inches when flaccid and stretched, ask your GP for a referral to see a urologist. Be aware that this condition only exists when there is not enough testosterone in the body, and is rare. A small penis does not a micropenis make!

What is a Penis Enlargement or Male Enhancement Operation?

The most common one involves slicing through the penile ligament, the one that supports it. It just makes the willy dangle more when not erect. Another method, albeit a disgusting one, involves injecting your own fat into your willy to make it look bulkier. Non-surgical treatments include penile pills, potions, suction devices and ¨penis stretching frames¨, which are worn under trousers. None but the latter appear to have any benefits whatsoever, so be careful.

Do the Operations Work?

There is little evidence to suggest they do. While the surgery may make flaccid penises look a bit bigger, they are the same size as they were when erect, and your potential as a lover is unaffected. In rare cases, penile enlargement procedures have backfired, making the patient unable to ever get an erection again. That´s why funding ops with no proven benefits is not a good choice for the NHS.

What About Other Penis Operations on the NHS?

If your penis is small but perfectly formed, forget it. But if you have other penile or impotence problems that affect your health, caused by cancer, scarring, a too tight foreskin etc, you can probably get a medical operation for free.

The vast majority of men who want penis enlargement ops have normal-sized willies. Men who suffer severe feelings of inadequacy due to their perceived penis size should see their GP for a referral for counselling. Ask to see a psycho-sexual therapist or someone trained in this field. It´s probably all in your mind, not in your pants. Good luck!

You might also like...
Share Your Story, Join the Discussion or Seek Advice..
[Add a Comment]
I have a zipper injury and it's made my forskin to tight having problems peeing andit's very discomforting amny chance of getting something done on the NHS has ive got no money
Zak - 18-Jun-19 @ 2:12 PM
Right I have 4inches when erect and very thin about 1inch, is there anything I can do or treatment I can have from the nhs. All of my relationship end up with them cheating
Marc - 10-May-19 @ 6:49 AM
Hi , I've got to inches penis what I can't satisfiedmy ex wife. Now I scared to marry any girl . if you have any solution then let me know plz
Suhel - 12-Apr-19 @ 1:38 PM
I have a penis that is only 3inches when erect and very thin about 1inch, is there anything I can do or treatment I can have via the nhs.
Robburn - 24-Feb-19 @ 6:11 AM
I have a micropenis of 3 inches and was wanting a consultation to see what my options would be and what the best course of action would be.
Andrew - 14-Oct-17 @ 5:39 PM
I need my Penis enlarged so I can wear an External Catheter.I cannot have Anaesthesia because my (LV)T function is only 20% due to Heart Failure nor can I have emeroids taken out. What can I do? I desperately need help with this.
Trebor - 2-May-17 @ 4:07 PM
After hernia op noticed my penis is at least an inch smaller and keeps retracting I was not told this might happen Can I get it enlarged on the NHS
Streaky - 18-Apr-17 @ 1:17 PM
Can you ger a penis enlamet and thickin the girth on the nhs
Owl - 11-Jan-17 @ 8:04 PM
Share Your Story, Join the Discussion or Seek Advice...
(never shown)
(never shown)
(never shown)
(never shown)
Enter word: